Which flip is the easiest?

Discussion in 'Flips' started by BBoyn0name, Nov 10, 2008.

1. BBoyn0name

BBoyn0name New Member

I'm thinking of learning some flips.. and I'm just wondering which flip is easier?

areial?
    cheat gainer/boomarang?
    or backflip?

note: I dont have any experience in this... and I won't have a spotter... But i'll have those mats that r like 1-2 inches thick... if that helps...

Which flip can I learn w/o landing on my neck? :S
  2. Caligula

Caligula DEAD WRONG

back flips/aeriasl/ front flips
    Gainers
    cheat gainers
  3. lowdown

lowdown Lowdown

None. Anyhow the easiest one is the backflip. The only problem with that one is lacking the balls to actually flip over correctly. Majority of the time youll say your gonna do it and then youll just turn sideways in the air. So if you want an easy one learn a backflip. It looks cool too.
  4. Backfire

Backfire Custom User Title

backflip is easiest. if ur to scared to do that then try a cheat gainer or frontflip. i say cheat gainer just cause they look so fucking sexy. but they really aren't all that easy to learn. Some people have done them before backflip though. ariel is probably the least chance of injury, but looks ghey,unless u do it with bent legs or something.
  5. Env0

Env0 Bboy Satoriā„¢

front flip is easiest, then aerial, looser, cheat gainer, then back flip. (imo)
  6. bboyBase

bboyBase New Member

backflip, then front flip. then cheat gainer than ariel.

to be honest, they are all really easy. For the back and front flip, its all in the arms. The cheat gainer, its about conquering the fear of upside down. and arial its all about technique. They are all hella easy tho. Anyone who says otherwise, has no technique.
  7. JPCwhutwhut

JPCwhutwhut New Member

Backtucks/flips are like the windmills of tricking. But much easier to get down in my personal opinion. Aerials are pretty doable once you can get a backflip. For me, all the flips kinda came easy to learn once you understand how a backflip works. So start with that
  8. bobdanewbie

bobdanewbie New Member

Backtucks are the easiest! Almost no technique to this move, just a huge fear factor, if you get over it learn it, you could potentially learn it in one day. i did
  9. JimmyT

JimmyT New Member

side flip. learned in less than a minute on gymnastic floor.

just run > tiny 90 degree jump to get you sideways > jump > tuck > land.

EASY SHIT!
  10. PaTricksTer

PaTricksTer Member

Backhandspring
    Fronthandspring
    Aerial
    Webster
    Fronttuck
    Backtuck
  11. Minipic

Minipic New Member

Back tuck is pretty much your foundation move. The front flip just comes from getting more height and confidence. Cheat gainers are like back tucks in a way because your still going over but just over your shoulder so its almost less dangerous. Aerials are hard. You need to have flexibility and a quick torque.
  12. Wolf3ax

Wolf3ax Member

Im gonna say front handsprings and frontflips are easier just cause there is less fear to conquer in doing them than backflips and back handsprings, even though u can "look" where your gonna land, i find font flips feel more natural, for me at least
  13. Hyphy.

Hyphy. BBoy Hyphy

back flip imo.
  14. BboyKrazyduds

BboyKrazyduds New Member

i say boomerang flips cuz the kick gives you the momentum to flip
    its the only flip i do :p
  15. Soamazing

Soamazing Active Member

backflips I guess
  16. B-boyMK

B-boyMK Master King (Fudude)

I might say Frout flip and the Marcaco (an Capoeira version of an Backflip)
  17. DrFuji

DrFuji New Member

Everyone says backflip, but I always land on my head when I do it on a matress. Personally, a fronthand spring was the easiest kind of flip that I can do. Then again, it's the only one I can do because I kind of suck xD.
  18. ElmoEatsEmos

ElmoEatsEmos Member

Unfortunately no flip is easy for me, b/c I'm too pussy to do one even on a trampoline T_T
  19. p3rfect

p3rfect bboy cLem

Headspring is the easiet for me?, or front handspring back handspring
  20. Cielo

Cielo Hobo

a mattress isn't real life. concrete doesn't sink when you jump off of it and therefore backflip is easier. and u will find a front handspring will be harder in real life too because without a mattress you wont bounce off and will land on ur back more often if u are used to relying on metal springs to flip you over.

id go with V twists. those and gainers look the most bboy and you can use them immediately once you learn them :D