Weird pain for airchairs

Discussion in 'Freezes' started by shinn, Jan 29, 2012.

1. shinn

shinn New Member

Hi recently when I try practicing my airchairs i get this weird pain on my elbow. Feels like im pulling something :O

Basically I plant my hand down on the ground getting ready to go into an airchair, and when i bend it or try to put my back near to it I get this "pull" sensation/pain.

What is this pain?? Am i doing something wrong?
  2. masterswiper

masterswiper Sunny J

Really? lol my back usually hurts from my elbow stabbing into it... same way it used to hurt from me collapsing my windmills on my lower back.
  3. StylistiC-SMiLeY

StylistiC-SMiLeY 日本人

That's sort of strange to be honest. When I was first learning airchairs all of the pain was either in my back or my shoulder, but not my elbow. Above all else, be sure you stretch well and also, try to work your way up to airchairs. (i.e. learn a baby freeze -> transition to a chair freeze -> airchairs)
  4. shinn

shinn New Member

Yea I find it really strange as well.

And I can't stab unto my back anymore without this excruciating pain :$ I can do the chair freeze and I have already been practicing air chairs before for quite a while and just suddenly this pain came up. No pain from my back or shoulder :)
  5. flint

flint Flint

Dats cuz tissues of ur arms are nt warmed up.. Be sure to do lots of dynamic exercises before airchairs..
  6. shinn

shinn New Member

Tried it :/ only lessens the pain.. The pain comes whenever I start bending my elbow :O

I think I may be bending it wrong but then again I've been bending it this way before without pain..
  7. Dynomatt

Dynomatt New Member

Mmm it was the same for me

@op. Maybe post a vid?
  8. bboypickle

bboypickle Relish

how come it hurts my back?