weight training for breakdancing...??

Discussion in 'Moves Guides' started by asphaltgod91, Feb 4, 2009.

1. asphaltgod91

asphaltgod91 New Member

i was just wondering what muscles and exercises are good for breakdancing? i can only hold a handstand for like 15 seconds, but i cant hold it steady. i always find myself not staying in one place lol. i think if i was stronger and had more balance i could get alot more moves easily.. so it would be a lot of help if i knew some strength workouts that relate to bboyin. thankss
  2. Syrenz

Syrenz Banned

well if you want to hold your handstand longer, try either walking (w/your legs) up against a wall and holding as long as you can and if you feel you can, try handstand push-ups. Alternatively you can just do a handstand against a wall and try push-ups that way.
  3. B-BoyKasper

B-BoyKasper BBOY INFINITY

Ugghh... seriously... You don't need to "workout".

Heres what u do... Do alot of toprock and footwork, ALOT. Great cardeo... All the workout you'll need... for anything.
  4. bboyrei

bboyrei Member

u dont really need to workout as practicing moves IS basically ur workout. as for staying in place for handstands, just focus staring at one spot and u should maintain better balance. also, try to not make ur legs bend.
  5. philip619

philip619 Philip

wow i never thought of it that way!!!! ^-^
    i always thought you needed to be totally buff to break but i guess not :p
  6. Syrenz

Syrenz Banned

^ you don't have to but it really can help, also helps if your bro happens to be a fitness trainer and trains you :)
  7. BGirl Minh

BGirl Minh Nameless

i am dancing and taking a weights training class and it helps
    drilling and trying to hold freezes helps build strength too
  8. asphaltgod91

asphaltgod91 New Member

thanks...i just bought this home fitness workout called p90x lol not just for breaking, but just overall fitness. thanks for the comments btw.. i guess i just have to do practice the moves. ill really drill on footwork and see if i become stronger.
  9. ZuluN.

ZuluN. ][_,{[]}][_,

For handstands you mainly need triceps, but I think biceps help a little.
  10. Fake

Fake Minh Sane!

weight training don't do shit.

Well, allow me to elaborate. Having a lotta muscles will throw your abilities off, like in Dragonball Z with the USSJ transformation (ROFL). Having a slender/skinny or average body with a lotta strength is key. You can gain a lot of strength by excercising withoutttt weights. Sure light weight and lotta reps gives you a tone muscle but that isn't needed.

Stick with basic excercising I guess.
  11. PrivateX

PrivateX New Member

Do you know the "P90X" System is actually just another dudes interpretation and application of CrossFit?

The only real difference is the dude selling the "P90X" system likes to jazz it up with terms like "muslce confusion" and other bullshit... Also, www.CrossFit.com is completely free, Daily Workouts listen on the front of their website for free, lots of other workouts listen for $Free.99 in the archives... all the exercises used with descriptions and video tutorials and some times more in depth explanations. Once again. All this for the low low low one time price of $FREE!!

WWW.CROSSFIT.COM

http://www.bboy.org/forums/how-get-shape/104917-getting-into-shape-beginners.html
    http://www.bboy.org/forums/how-get-shape/105562-how-bulk-up.html
    http://www.bboy.org/forums/how-get-shape/105541-how-lose-weight-basics.html

Peace....

X
  12. BBoyNess

BBoyNess Ness

really just do freezes. so try really expert frezzes
  13. BBoyNess

BBoyNess Ness

i do pushups about 5 different ways and then I do handstands. pratice handstands after bboyin for an hour or 2. to bboy u build up your body to do the moves
  14. bboyXeo

bboyXeo New Member

do headstand and push up from a headstand do the a lot. also practice freeze transitions with only using your arms don't use your legs to kick or any help. also a lot of push ups and pull ups help
  15. Bboy-Chekrz

Bboy-Chekrz Music in Action Cru

16. greenhornet

greenhornet ni men hao

we take mass gainers and just session for hours. that's our training
  17. tonyvee

tonyvee New Member

To some extend weight training is helpful..........like........preventing you from injuries..........!!!!!!!

try it.........and it'll kick........!!!!!!!
  18. tonyvee

tonyvee New Member

That's really inspiring yo:) ........dancing and @ the same time you are gaining mass....does that affect dalance???????:rolleyes:
  19. LeeStylez24

LeeStylez24 LEE_STYLEZ

Elevated pushups & ALOT of toprocks nd freezes!
  20. Iife

Iife Livin life

its probably very helpful
    :eek: