Planche Guide!!!

Discussion in 'Handstand Moves (1990 etc)' started by Z3R0, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Z3R0

Z3R0 Master of Arts

Ok, well I have no idea where else this could fit in. Now I am going to take it from the way I learned. Now what is true for every move is that you do it the way it was first done then you play with it.

In the most part, a Planche is a move where the person is horizontal to the floor and only his hands are on the ground. His shoulders are forward and his arms are locked tight. If you want to see some crazy Planches, Bboy Junior has some nice ones, although he is getting old. One more thing, Planche push ups are possible. I do them for practise.

What is needed, or RECOMMENDED to learn a Planche:

- Ab, Tricep, Chest, Deltoids, and some leg muscle Thigh. Having a lot of strength in these are really good. Trust me, without it, impossible. In my opinion, prove me otherwise.

- A good handstand, that you can hold without moving.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, when you are first learning a planche. I suggest you stand on all fours, knees on the ground. Then you pick your knees up to your chest and try to hold them, while pushing your shoulders forward. It might be hard to hold but with practise technique and strength will build. It is recommended that you build some muscle some other way. Your legs or knees should be parallel to the floor. Your legs will have a tendancy to face forward since you don't have enough strength to push forward, that is if you dont have strength. That is one way to practise. This was usefull for me.

Another way to practise is go into a handstand. Then you spread your legs out, because spreading your legs out will make a planche a lot easier. Trust me, it takes alot of strength to have your legs straight and togehter. Now, you slowly push your shoulders foward, keeping your arms locked straight and slowly getting into planche. You wont get it on your first try unless your a superhero. Keep practising and you will slowly get better and better. Some problems you may have is keeping you legs parallel, one or both legs might fall and not be parralel. But thats why it is easier to spread them out like a split.

IMPORTANT!!! Handplacing, just for the beginning when you are first learning them, just like in a handstand your will want your fingers spread out and the part between your thumb and index finger facing forward. The reason is when doing a planche you will literally PRESS your hands in the floor as if you want to press the earth in for some reason. Your fingers have to be spread or it will be harder to distribute your weight through them.

--

Some things you could to do help yourself learn it is to get a friend and have him/her hold you by the feet, then press your shoulder foward, keeping the arms straight not bending those elbows and trying to get low without losing all your strength. That is pretty much all I did. Your ass might hurt because it does put a lot of strain in the beggining on your back or upper thigh.

-- One thing, if you can do an L-Seat, or hold your own weight up in general on the floor, which I am pretty sure you can do, doing the first thing I told you should not be to hard to get. It should only take a couple trys till you actually get a feel in what position you should be.

When you start getting better you can play around with your planche in anyway. Like Crazy Kujo, Bboy Junior or any other person you seen fuck around with one. I can do a 1 hand planche now, but probably not as good as Juniors, thats what got me to learn it in the first place.

There is really not much to be said about the Planche. It is complicated to do but simple in explanation. So I hope this helps.
    ---- 1 Handed Planche----

Now, I have seen this be done in a few ways. For a starter tip for advanced planchers, its pretty much about legs and shoulder positioning. Trust me, do not build the habit of stabbing your elbow in your sweet spot. For one thing, you legs will help you tip to one side, I have never seena horizontal 1 hand planche, so anyone who says they can do it, I want a picture. My one handed planches are not as good as Juniors or Chechos.

In my opinion the hardest thing about planches is the balance while using almost all your stregth to hold your self up on one hand. It took me a long ass time to actually find out how to do a one handed planche, since there were no guides then. However I did develop a stabbing habit which has been hard to take away, so they looked like jackhammers for a long time. So basically it aint a one handed planche until I fixed up my technique.
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2006
  2. Mr. Flapps

Mr. Flapps IM BLACKANESE

niceee

zomg
    pics pics pics would totally help
  3. Z3R0

Z3R0 Master of Arts

OK. Lemme find some. I have been looking for some Bboy Junior pics.
  4. adrian13091

adrian13091 New Member

i didnt read the guide cuz im short on time but all i got to say is u have to have rediculous strength to be able to do a proper planche.
  5. sum1datbboys

sum1datbboys ~AyShUN BbOY~

Great guide Z3RO! I think that it'll help me a lot :) The handstand -> straddle planche is really hard, but I'm gonna keep trying it 'till i gain enough strength
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2006
  6. flying_steps

flying_steps New Member

u listened to this guy...lol...no offence but hes a powerhead( and i dont mean tht offensively) and you dont need great strength to planche...u need balance, positioning and core strength...this arm stuff is helping buh nt nessicary faaaar....bloody gymnists
  7. Z3R0

Z3R0 Master of Arts

Yeah, I am a gymnast. I have a lot to add. I was short on time. But this guide will be added on so it can only get better....or worse XD. The good thing to know if that if you can stay tight and make your body like a rock, less energy will be used and it wont be that challenging. I learned the planche when I was 15. Trust me, it just takes some practise.
  8. sum1datbboys

sum1datbboys ~AyShUN BbOY~

Yeah.... but hey, not everybody starts off with the strength to do planches, like me :(
  9. Alen

Alen Bboy Al

crap i thought i was strong and i cant even get 1 second planches i just fall down as soon as i get up,

i think im missing alot of strength in some places like wrists and shoulders, well not shoulders as much as wrists, and i need to loose some bodyfat, im not fat or anything but it whould help a little.
  10. Z3R0

Z3R0 Master of Arts

I have never heard of wrist muscle lol. It might be that you need deltoid muscle. Depends where it is hard to work your muscles while doing it.
  11. Vice President

Vice President Best member ever. Staff Member

you can't forget LATS. they're so important when you planche. from a bboying perspective, planche is just.... lean the fuck into it and put a lot of weight on your wrists. they might be stronger than you think. if your legs are open, you might be able to hold it 3-4 seconds. keep working on that and you'll hold it a lot longer.
  12. DnA

DnA Gheylordzpurno

Lol prove it
  13. bboy-phoenix

bboy-phoenix i like cheese

lol has a point, i can treble back sommmy too, i just dont want to show you :p
  14. Z3R0

Z3R0 Master of Arts

I see. One question for whoever knows Checho. Is he a midget or he is missing his knees and below?" His one handed planches are awsome.
  15. yusef

yusef New Member

Do you find keeping arms straight is 10 times harder than bent?
    x
  16. DnA

DnA Gheylordzpurno

Lol checo's no midget, he misses what u said

But where's the one handed planche? of yourself
  17. Mr. Flapps

Mr. Flapps IM BLACKANESE

we dont want bboy junior. we want YOU!
    well some of us want bboy junior
  18. Z3R0

Z3R0 Master of Arts

Then what is bboy checho? Why is he like that?
  19. Hoodie

Hoodie New Member

id like to see your 1h planche man, im sick of seeing juniors pictures.
  20. Z3R0

Z3R0 Master of Arts

Its not like bboy juniors or chechos. Its kinda stupid looking. Like a jackhammer. Im still polishing it. But I just do the same trick in doing a 1 handsed handstand.