Making a headspin beanie How?????????

Discussion in 'Spins' started by Blacktoprevival, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Blacktoprevival

Blacktoprevival New Member

:surp: Sup guys, im hoping that someone can help me with this, im tight on cash but in depserate need for a headspinning beanie. Ive tried to do them with the beanies i have but there is too much friction. So i wanna know if anyone knows what the material used on the tribal beanies is called or if there are any substitute materials i could use. Any tips on making a beanie Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
  2. jaesung

jaesung my fat keeps me warm

um, i dont think that normal beenies having more friction is that big of a disadvantage, i always find normal beenies a little painful due to the little knot where all the seems connect at the top. but if u wana reduce friction maybe u can stitch on a lil sheet of polyester from clothes u dont wear nemore.
  3. Knivez01

Knivez01 New Member

why dont you just get a beenie and throw some duct tape ontop of it?
  4. MaDD

MaDD #1 hottest bgirl Staff Member

I've been using a beanie with a kneepad on the inside, but if you're concerned about friction you could easily sow/tape the pad on the outside which would reduce friction.

The pads I got on sale for like $3 when I realized they were to small for my knees I figured I'd just make a headspin beanie with them, the beinie I already had, although I saw helmets on sale during christmas time for $10 (all at big 5 where you go for cheapo sporting goods).
  5. Bboy Phenom

Bboy Phenom DesiRoc

dont use a beanie :D

ur a ninja if u do it on ur head w/o support of helmets or beanies. :p
  6. DnA

DnA Gheylordzpurno

:ninja:
  7. mad.mdx

mad.mdx bboy luminaire

my friend, a bboy from Bulgaria, tought me not too long ago how to make a headspin beanie, so this is what he told me to do

1. take ur hat
    2. get a sponge
    3. knit the sponge to the inside of the hat
    4. (now i dont really know how to explain this..) When u buy mandarines in a wooden box, the cover is usually made of some sort of orange net. Take that net and knit it to the outside of the hat

uh i tried to find a picture of the net im talkin about, but i cant seem to find any >< if anyone knows what im talkin about and can explain better, please do

peace
  8. Humanoid.r3v

Humanoid.r3v Bgirl Rogue

I hate it on my head without a beanie...cuz of my longer hair, it gets yanked this way and that and fk it hurts!!
  9. Blacktoprevival

Blacktoprevival New Member

Well i have to use a beanie because i have dreads and they get in the way if i dont have headgear of somekind on
  10. E.8phantom

E.8phantom Member

wenever i do headspins without a beenie i get a lump on my hed nd it hurts
  11. utsk8rboy

utsk8rboy New Member

1 word: deodorant

1 word: deodorant.........this works great, just rub some dry deodorant on the top and you will spin great
  12. no.sweat

no.sweat Don't Sweat The Technique

i put a small towel n fold it n put it inside the beanie...works good fo the time being but coz iv got semi-long hair i gotta tie a bandana on the outside so my hair doesnt get yanked wen i sweat!
    i gotta stitch 1 soon coz the position keeps changing!
  13. BboyDnied

BboyDnied Human. As of just now.

Wtf is dry deodorant?!
  14. NRAdam

NRAdam Learning fast is a skill

You guys lack creativity. Try stiching polythene cover on to your beanie, and inside you stitch something like sponge to make it cosy. I have never tried it but i am gonna. I cant afford a helmet.

Peace
  15. Hotshot

Hotshot New Member

go bald and go weeeeeeeeeeeee :D...for everyone who can or cannot afford :D
  16. bestvest25

bestvest25 New Member

the guy that is talking abot that net and the oranges is talking about that sack they come in its like i a little net you can find them at hy-vee or bakers
  17. mr.jake

mr.jake New Member

you explained it fine man . . its sort of like the same thing you see when they are doing construction on a big building and there is the netting all along the scaffold. . if you live in the city (manhattan) or any big city you'll see this all the time . . just rip a piece off and bounce . . that'll work great
  18. BboyhaikuFC

BboyhaikuFC New Member

lol well the best thing to do is use mesh from a cap and stitch it onto the ouside, perfect
  19. ShivaM

ShivaM Bboy Evolution

This is what I do : take one side of a newspaper, fold it up so it'll cover about 2/3rds or 3/4ths of the center of your head, and then stuff it inside your beanie. I have a traditional adidas Chelsea beanie, nothing special for spinning, but the newspaper reduces the pain and gives you lesser friction.
  20. wee stevo

wee stevo aka weesupersteve

i use the material from a oldschool deckchair this is better for spinnig and it lasts longer,i fold the material in half to give me 2 layers then i stitch the stuff on my hat leaving a pouch at the front of the hat then i stitch sum velcro on the front then i have a pocket an velcro to hold my mouse mat in(not the thin hard ones)...

and when the pad smells or it goes out of shape or it gets to soft you have a pouch to put a new one in i also use a bit of elastic to hold the hat on..

hope that helps..oh you can find the muti colour stuff if you look but its the material off tghe swiftrock hats that you want which is black and tough