How often a week should I do pushups?

Discussion in 'How to Get in Shape' started by Jasian, Apr 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jasian

Jasian Bboy

I'm not absolutely positive.. But..

I was told to rest between working out with Pushups. Because my muscles need time to rebuild.

I thought this only went true for Weights, not Calisthenics..

Someone confirm if I have to wait a day to do Pushups again, or if I can do them everyday.
  2. SBY

SBY Bboy Smilez

It is usually for weights. It's not like your going to do a thousand pushups (I'm not saying you can't, who fucking finds the time to do that much). If you seen the pushup thread JKL does them everyday. I try do do it too, but I usually forget. So get your ass off the computer and do some damn pushups! :)
  3. JKL

JKL New Member

Yeah. :) I usually do them everyday. But you can get really strong and ripped/jacked if you do them everyday.

Pseudo pushups workout the upper chest. I do mostly planche type pushups. And if you can do planche type pushups, then work on you pseudo pushups. But about 50 is enough, but 10 is enough is you do them slow, really slow. So if you wanna get really strong and ripped/jacked, just do slow pushups, and if you want to have a guide, just ask me, and ill set you up with one.

:)
  4. Andr3

Andr3 New Member

JKL send me a guide please. i dont know whether to do more sets or heavier weight (or slower for push ups) to help build enough strength for bboying
  5. JKL

JKL New Member

6. MDWSTinhope

MDWSTinhope New Member

its not too hard this may seem not effective at the beggining but it pays off just yea do pushups everyday just do 20 before you go 2 bed and thats fine as long as thats not all u do
  7. BBoyNima

BBoyNima New Member

i do it everyday but not a ton i mean when you do freezes and all you are working out technically i feel like i have gotten more strong from that let alone the amounts of pushups and crunches but i do like 10 reg push 80 crunches 10 diamond 80 crunches 10 wide 20 leg lifts and then sometiems i just hold an up position push up for a minute.
  8. VietFreeze

VietFreeze Plants Crave Electrolytes

i only do like 20 diamonds a day and 50 reg push ups... once u can do like 20 diamonds in a row then 50 push ups is nothing. I do it everyday but if I'm too sore, i wait a day so my muscles can rest from being broken down so much. most of the time u dont need to do push ups. just practice the move
  9. Andr3

Andr3 New Member

thanks JKL. i'll start incorporating it into my daily workout. if i train for planche pushups should this replace regular pushups and diamond pushups or do all 3?
  10. Leo THE Lion

Leo THE Lion V I made that V

just session bboy for like 1 hour a day with 2-3 minute breaks after every "set"
    60 seconds of footwork is good cardio and counts for like maybe 10-20 pushups.

Plus just doing moves is working out your muscles

and then do 50 pushups when u wake up and go to sleep. and boom. u win.

but only do this like 6 times a week. at least have 1 day rest. 2 at the most
  11. Andr3

Andr3 New Member

yeah i plan to add it after sessions. i practice for about and hour and a half almost everyday, and freezes whenever i can. btw nice flag, filipino pride.
  12. Jasian

Jasian Bboy

Haha thanks for the guide. The guy is doing an invert! :p
    I can't do a Planche. At all. Not even a Tucked Planche.

And 20 Diamond Pushups aren't that hard. My max for Diamond Pushups is like 25-30. Regular Pushups it's a little more than 50.
  13. JKL

JKL New Member

Once you can do a planche pushup, you wont need to do anyother kinds of pushups anymore. Cuz, the planche pushups work almost every major muscle in your body. Triceps, chest, deltoids ( all of them ) back, traps, lower back, middle back, abs, and hamstrings if you put your other leg on your other leg. :D

And for StevEFreeze, just follow that guide and you will be able to do a tucked planche pushup/a planche pushup. :D The Frog Stand will, and should build up your balance at the start, so that you will have your balace for the tucked planche pushup(s), and, you can add some more weights to it if you put less weight on your elbows from your legs, so that it will build up your shoulder/tricep muscles.

And adding this to your workout routie And3r, it will really help you with any kinds of freezes, pushups, and just give you a challange and just to show it off. :D :)
  14. B3ATDAB3AT

B3ATDAB3AT New Member

haha weird.. I can do like 22 good triangle pushups and can HARDLY do 43 normal -.-
  15. bboyBase

bboyBase New Member

try to do 100-200 every day. no you do not want to give the muscle time to rebuild, that is how you get useless bulk that is less flexible.
  16. Alcab-boy

Alcab-boy New Member

Please, do not resurrect old threads.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.