how long does flares take to learn

Discussion in 'Flares' started by bboy-dask, Dec 28, 2010.

1. bboy-dask

bboy-dask New Member

ive been practising for almost 3 weeks and ive gotten 3 quarters of my first flare, i am 14 years old and i dont have alot of strenght but im getting flares alright, i practise almost everyday and i look on youtube and see people get like 3 flares in there first month, i was wondering how long it has taken you 2 get 1 strong flare and 2 strong flares, and when i practise my flares i make sure there clean not sloppy
  2. TTR8AX

TTR8AX tristan

never in 4 years. it depends on the person.

EDIT: plus i got a semi-pro friend who has about 10 years in, and he can only do 1 good flare, but he's got pro mills and an airflare and stuff. and airchair hops and stuff.
  3. bboy-dask

bboy-dask New Member

thanks,
    do you and your friend practise flares alot?
  4. TTR8AX

TTR8AX tristan

me, i don't. i think my friend does so more than i do, but he doesn't force it unlike my other friend who posts here who got a few flares in around 3 months of focusing on that move.

my personal approach is i don't really focus on moves like that.
  5. bboy.sight

bboy.sight injured 24/7

I started them around this month, last year.
  6. bboy-dask

bboy-dask New Member

bboy.sight,
    do you have flares?
  7. pOintless132

pOintless132 Active Member

took me 1 year to completely master flares. Practice quantity and dont concentrate too hard on quality. Good luck
  8. lowdown

lowdown Lowdown

By mastering do you mean just flares, i don't consider it as mastering unless you can transition into and out of it from all your moves.
  9. bboy.sight

bboy.sight injured 24/7

Then yes, I have mastered flares in about a year or less.
  10. pOintless132

pOintless132 Active Member

yes just flares. Took me longer to get transitions
  11. bboy-dask

bboy-dask New Member

could you bboys do any clean flares in your first month cause i am really close to 1 whole 1 i just hit the floor just before i come back
    but i do my flares in the backyard on the grass which is slightly uphill so i think when i go to a flat surface it will be alot easier, i dont do it on a flat serface because there is not enough room and the emptiest room the ground hurts when i land on it, but i will be going to the mall and practise flares there in a quiet area
  12. kavin12345

kavin12345 Bboy Goky

flares take a while to master, ive been working on them so long, and its hard. its a type of move that u have to practice everyday, otherwise u will lose stamina and start losing the move. I worked on them for about 1.8 years and its lookin better and better, but not mastered yet
  13. bboy-dask

bboy-dask New Member

my goal is to get 3 clean flares by the end of this year, could you get it in ur first year and a month or so
  14. Bboy.Dynamix

Bboy.Dynamix Dynami¤ç 07

again, it depends on the individual. some people take days others take years. but it all comes down in ur mindset. if u really want to get it, u will get it; just a matter of time.
  15. Violinist

Violinist B-Boy MID-Knight

I dont know it took me a month to get one 2 months to truly master the first round 3 1/2 months to get multiples I hope by four I can take them up but I want them master b4 my six months on them LOL
  16. xtodaplosive

xtodaplosive Member

It depends on the individual for sure, even if people here says it took em about 2 years you shouldn't be like: Awh, 2 years screw that im going into something else...
    It's very different, some master them in 2 months, some in 2 years. It's not like it's guaranteed it will take you 2 years...
  17. Skygameydude

Skygameydude BBOY nightsky

I personally don't know flares or any such moves. But, one of my friend (not such a good friend) told me it took him two years to do up to maximum 4 flares yet, I believe more practice makes more perfect. Since, you do regular practice (unlike my friend) it may take you lesser time.