girls with 6 pack abs?

Discussion in 'B-Girl Forum' started by just.a.bgirl, Sep 2, 2007.

1. just.a.bgirl

just.a.bgirl power challenged :)

k this is probably totally random but is it possible for a girl to get 6 pack abs? i have really weak abs and in order to make them stronger i do sit ups and crunches. i just wanted to make sure that if i keep doing them i won't get a 6 pack because i think that would be kinda gross on a girl. thx!
  2. DanceWithTheDevil

DanceWithTheDevil Banned

It's possible, but not likely. Girls don't have the same hormones guys do.
  3. Mr.Bboy

Mr.Bboy Bboy Rockwell

i've seen it on a girl before.. in a magazine haha.

it would be scary though...
  4. sTyLyN

sTyLyN sTyLyN'

I've seen it! it's true,

a lady by the name of Bgirl Recon who used to dance in my old crew Break Mechanix had 6 pac abs, the guys used to love it! she was well fit and flexible... plus kak(very) strong.

she had hot 6 pac abs... so go for gold just a bgirl...
    it suits some women, but not all...

if you say its gross on you... I WON'T take your word for it
  5. KCBlack

KCBlack Bboy Noise

My friend who does gymnastics is 14 and she has a 4 pack. A really cut 4 pack. Lol girl's can get 6 packs. However, it's probably harder for them than it is for a guy.
  6. Elbee

Elbee Exothermic Reaction

yeah, its because its harder for girls to get rid of the fats on their abs to make their packs visible
  7. muffinturtle

muffinturtle New Member

You probably won't get a six pack, unless you really work hard for it and like to inject testosterone.
  8. just.a.bgirl

just.a.bgirl power challenged :)

thanks guys!
  9. sTyLyN

sTyLyN sTyLyN'

don't listen to them just.a.bgirl! you can do it!

leg raises

you on your back, suspend your legs and make circular motions in the air and verticle motions with legs together... that will help rip your lower abs

lots of crunches, you can use one of those ab resisters if you have 1, and break as much as poss, because breakin demands a lot from your core, so that will help build too... but u must dance hard, at least 2 2hour sessions a week.

in sitting position, hold your legs straight out in front of you, while holding yourself up with your hands. when you have control, do running-like motions with your legs.

best thing is breaking till you can't break no more!
  10. Mr.Bboy

Mr.Bboy Bboy Rockwell

why not just run?

it's much more effective.

imo....
  11. sTyLyN

sTyLyN sTyLyN'

are you kidding man? running does shit...

all running will do is increase your stamina - in running, it might build your leg muscles - if you lucky

breaking with supplimental excercises targeting the desired area is best. you not gonna get much better than that, unless you go to gym and target the area,,, but that's boring... and so is running.

I guarantee if anyone took up running in this whole forum, 9/10 times we would get bored with those sort of training regimes...

running...

where u gonna run 2 buddy?
  12. warm shizzle

warm shizzle New Member

Okay.

Yes you can. But no you won't. This is because as long as you have that layer of fat over your abs, they still wont be visible. In order to lose that fat, you have to lose fat overall. SO dont worry and keep doing those crunches.
  13. fae

fae Cadence

girls can get 6 packs, but as they said, it's not as easy especially since to get really good definition, you need to burn off a good bit of fat.

but also like they said, it doesn't look bad to gain some definition! depends on what look you want. i'm starting to cut up a bit more in my abs just from breaking, but I still have some fat to burn off for it to really really show, so ya know how it goes :]
  14. sTyLyN

sTyLyN sTyLyN'

nice 1 fae...

you go girl!

so there are some bgirls on this forum...
    I wish we had more bgirls in SA
  15. Bboy samurai

Bboy samurai Celtics Representative

I'm on an ab program that may actually help you out. Yes, it does include a lot of cardio, but it's more ball crunches and ab twists, but these aren't 1000-rep sets. According to Maximum Fitness, it's best if you do an ab routine that's too tough for you to go past 15 reps. If you want more details, just ask me. It's workin' for me :)
  16. dbaznxdragon

dbaznxdragon Unofficial Deignorizer Staff Member

back handsprings...front handsprings...front tuck (frontflip)....back tuck (backflip)...leg raises...etc.
  17. Mr.Bboy

Mr.Bboy Bboy Rockwell

well for one thing, running is good for most of your body and can help fat come off.

if a fat guy wants to have a six pack, are you gonna tell him to bboy and use supplements? or are you going to tell him to run his ass off???

if you picked one of these your wrong.

BOTH running and what sTyLyN said can be used to lose fat and gain some muskles.

feel free to burn/criticize me
  18. warm shizzle

warm shizzle New Member

Id rather skip, or do HIIT than just run. But i have to water down the HIIT cause I suck.
  19. Mr.Bboy

Mr.Bboy Bboy Rockwell

what's HIIT???
  20. SuAZN

SuAZN BGirl Swyrl @ Ur Service!

hell if i know, but if you do want a six pack, do plenty of core exercises- crunches are good, but pushups and leg scissors, etc that work the core.