Breakdancing as a career?

Discussion in 'Word Up' started by Chopboy, Sep 8, 2007.

1. Chopboy

Chopboy New Member

Lets say i want to take break dancing all the way until my body cant take it anymore while my body still can take it how could i possibly make a career off of break dancing? Like it always confuses me to see how successful gamblerz, Pokemon, ETC.
    and yet they are making money, im pretty sure. How would exactly they do this? And how much you think they'd make?
  2. B-boy Jp

B-boy Jp Your Funk Soul Brother

Most of them have additional jobs to help financially. I think the best way to make money using b-boying is to teach it. And The big names can afford to make you pay quite a lot simply because you think "oh sheet, thats gamblerz, foock yeah ima pay $40 for a 2 hours session". And also some get sponsored by Puma or Armory or whatev.
  3. KCBlack

KCBlack Bboy Noise

First off bboying as a career would be pretty hard. I'd imagine you'd make money from:

a)Winning battles
    b)If your famous enough, being in bboying movies/documentaries
    c)Making your own videos/movies of you/your crew
    d)Getting sponsored
    e)Holding lessons

But you'd have to be pretty talented and determined, and it's not something I'd recommend trying to do... I mean, if it just sort of happens, like you start getting all of this recognition and whatnot from bboying, why not take it all the way? But don't start with that idea in your head. It's a near impossible thing to do. Just have fun.
    And like JP just said, they probably have jobs on the side, too.
  4. Flyer.Fly

Flyer.Fly New Member

idk how but i do know that yahoo once had a dacning competition where u upload a video of you dancing and the prize was 50,000 dollars so i guess do a bunch of competitions
  5. ashtura

ashtura Bboy

Like KC said, it's totally possible, but you have to work your ass off to become awesome first.